It was an oh-so-lovely night. :)

1/07/2012






small glimpses of my date night through instagram. 

So, several people have asked me how my date went last night.
I wasn't sure if I really wanted to say much or write anything on my blog about it (mainly because I know he reads my blog...), but I decided I would say a few things.

I must be honest and say that I thought on several occasions about canceling my date throughout the week.
I didn't want to give dating another shot, because frankly, dating these days is absolutely daunting.
(Those who are married, happily married, be ever so grateful!!)
However, with all my feelings about the dating, I told myself that it was best to at least give it a shot.
What did I have to lose, right?

And I'm really glad I did.
First, he PLANNED the date.
Did I say PLANNED??! -- When do men do that anymore?
Every guy I have dated has no clue what he wants to do and waits until the last minute.
Then I had to be the one to decide.
Romantic, eh? :  /

Also, he planned it for a really nice trip about an hour away.
We got to chat the whole way there, laugh, and get to know each other more.
It was wonderful! :)

OH! OH!
& THEN... he tells me that we have "reservations" at 7:45!!!
people... (please excuse this saying, but....) HOLD THE PHONE!!
I mean ... really???
I had to have him repeat it! ha.
In that moment I was a little tickled & found myself thinking that the date might be the best ever. :)

So, we got to eat at a lovely little place.
It was a bit loud, but fun.
Also, the food was wonderful -- though we both had to take half our plates home!! :)

Afterwards, we got to meet some of his friends at a local coffee house.
UMM... let me just tell you, that is absolute bonus points in my book!
Any man who takes me out for coffee can pritty much make my day ... especially if I don't ask!! (which I am pritty sure has never happened)
Anyhoo, his friends were amazing.
I really liked chatting with them! So sweet.

It was coming up on 11pm at that point, and boy oh boy, was I TIRED!!!
I may be 24, but geez people ... I am an old lady. ;)
So, we got to chat most of the way back home ... except when I drifted off for a quick nap.
**side note, he brought a pillow for me because he knew if we stayed out late then I would be tired. He knew I had to work this morning & wanted me to nap if I felt like it. 


We then sat in my driveway for a good hour or so and just talked and talked.
I was exhausted ... and especially now that I am about to leave for work.
However, I had the BEST time! So, a little lack of sleep won't hurt me too bad today.

Basically last night was a smashing success. :D
I do have a bit of trust issues and can't help but think that every man is going to turn out to be a jerk ... but goodness ... I hope that I am so very wrong, friends.

Well, I need to finish getting ready for work. : /
I hope you all had a wonderful Friday night & enjoy the rest of your weekend!

much love, colie

PS: I just wanted to leave you with this quote by Olive Penderghast (aka: the amazing Emma Stone). It describes how I feel perfectly. (which probably has a lot to do with the fact that I LOVE any 80's  movie flick ... but, yea)

Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment