Friendships.

3/25/2012



I love meeting new people. 
I love building relationships.
I love learning & growing together.
I truly love making friends.

I'm just afraid that it won't be so easy, now that I'm older.
I just feel like I am at a strange stage in my life. 
People I know are either a lot younger than me.
They have different goals and are headed in different directions than I am.
Or I know people who are settled into their life.
They are married, have a career, and have/plan to have children.

I think that even though I am an outgoing person, I try to shield myself from new friendships.
I am so worried that it will be a waste.
For so many in my life have been.
Friendships, just like any relationship, takes time.
That means you have to MAKE time for your friends.

Life gets busy.
I know that full well.
But I hope I never forget to set time aside for those that matter most to me.

I apologize for the rambling.
It has been on my heart all weekend, so I thought I'd share.

Wishing you all the happiest Sunday!
much love, friends.
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog from The Wiegand's and I'm so happy I did - lovely style and beautiful heart :)

    Looking forward to reading more!

    XO
    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. So sweet! Thanks Erin. :)
      I'm so happy that yout stumbled upon my blog. Casey is a doll, as well!!
      I always love kind words ... encouraging and uplifting!
      I have been a busy bee, but I will also check out your blog tomorrow ... sleep is calling my name now. :/
      Have a wonderful evening!!
      much love, colie.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I agree with everything you said. I get the same way now that I'm older. WHen I was in college it was easy. I made friends in my sleep. But now my husband and I move every 3 months so making friends seems like an impossible task. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it is so strange ... I thought a lot about college this past weekend.
      It was like I had friends pop up out of no where! Literally. It was craziness.
      As somehow, throughout the years, time kept moving & those friendships dissolved.
      I was once at a place in my life where I felt people "needed" me in their life ... and now it just seems a little bit empty at times. :/ ... but I pray that this is only a season.
      It's a reminder that true friends, those that last, are something to hold on to.
      I hope you had a lovely day, Heidi! :)
      much love, friend!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. This is so true. We must make time for friends. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Yes, it is true. :( It is a bit sad, but encouraging nonetheless.
      It definitely pushes me to be a better friend to those who are in my life. :)
      I'm so happy you have joined my little blog! Truly.
      I will definitely pop over and visit yours soon.
      I am pretty sure that Jess did your blog design?! :)
      Happy (very early) Tuesday!
      much love.
      xoxo

      Delete