I had to ...

2/11/2012


I just got home from work not too long ago.
The first thing I find out online is the news that Whitney Houston had passed away this afternoon at 3:00.
As many know of me, I am a pritty emotional person.
I can feel so strongly for people I don't even know.
It may be weird, but hey, it's who I am. 
My heart goes out to her family right now.
I mean she has a 19 year old daughter, who is left with a father who isn't really a role model in any sense of the word.
It breaks my heart.



You hear about how Clive Davis discovered Whitney, and how her voice was like no other.
It definitely was distinct. 
I can't tell you how many times I have seen people try to remake a Whitney song.
People only wishing they could have the talent that God had blessed her with. 
Though, we are unsure at the moment what the cause of death was ... we are all thinking the same thing.
Drugs.
What a sad end to such a beautiful talent!
Sometimes I wondered what would have happened with her and her career had she never married Bobby Brown. 
I mean, we all make our own choices. Good and bad.
She could have wound up marrying someone just as similar to him.
But what if she hadn't ... would the sound of her voice still echo through the speakers of our car radios?
What if her vocals weren't damaged from years of drug and alcohol abuse?
I'm not sure.
I would like to hope that the outcome would have been different.
All I know is that I wish her family peace and comfort during this time. 

You know, the first time I ever knew who Whitney Houston was was when I watched 'The Bodyguard'.
The performances given by her and Kevin Costner were amazing.
I could see that even at 11 or 12 years old.
When she started singing "I Will Always Love You", I'm pretty sure a little piece of heaven opened up and shined down. 
I really do.




Thank you, Whitney. 
I pray that you have found rest for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment