Guest Post: These Happy Times

5/07/2012



I am oh-so happy to not only share my very first guest post, but to introduce you to a lovely lady.
Britt is so sweet.
Srsly.
& she has the cutest, little family to boot!
She is someone I wish lived closer, so that I could sit and chat with her over coffee!
I know you'll feel the same.
& please take some time to check out her blog. :)
xoxo



Hello! My name is Brittany and I blog over at These Happy Times. My sweet friend Colie asked me to say hello to all of you today which put a smile on my face. I was blessed to find The Plaid Sparrow a few months ago and ever since I have been coming by for a breath of fresh air from Colie! 

I really can not believe that we have already found ourselves in the month of May. Pretty crazy huh? In Texas we seem to have skipped right over Spring and landed in summer. Instead of crying about the hot weather looming, today I am reminding myself about four reasons to be excited about the summer months heading my way. Before we continue on you should know that I love Jesus, am crazy about my husband, mommy to my Noah, & I love to create lovely things.

(reason one)


On May 12th my little man turns 2! I am looking forward to our care-free summer of swimming, his 1st trip to the beach,  and eating lots of popsicles together.

(reason two)


A few days later on May 16th his parents will celebrate their three year wedding anniversary. That's correct, 3 months into newlywed bliss, we found out we were expecting, oh my! 

(reason three)



The last few weeks the Lord has totally been doing a work in my heart. He has been asking me to go deeper with my prayer life. This is not easy for a momma of a toddler & for this lady who has a major tendency to be selfish of her personal time. So, I am working to improve this part of my life by starting the, Live Dead prayer journal next week. I am beyond excited about this journal & about where this commitment for 30 days will lead. I have heard nothing but incredible things about this book & I'm anxious to start it.  Check it out for yourself. Perhaps you would like to join me in this challenge?

(reason four)


In July (Lord willing) my husband & I will be traveling to Haiti to Mission of Hope. We are blessed to serve as pastors on staff at a church in east Texas, but our hearts still beat for missions. In Haiti we will serve in an orphanage, share Jesus with others, build homes, and truly be blessed. 

So with these fun things to look forward to this summer I really must stop pining away for the cool spring air to return but instead enjoy this season. I hope you are getting excited about what is coming up in your life!

~Brit


2 comments:

  1. Great post. :) My husband and I found out we were expecting our baby girl August 5th 2010, and we were married on June 26th of that year so I feel ya! My daughter just turned one a couple of weeks ago. Craziness!

    Looking forward to joining you for the prayer challenge, this is definitely something I need right now. Thank you!

    alyssa

    quietandclear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you do know what I'm talking about. My husband & I knew what we were not doing to prevent getting pregnant, but just didn't really think it would happen so quickly. lol. Although we weren't "totally" planing it I would not change it for anything!

    Awesome! So glad you want to join in!

    ReplyDelete