Front page news!

6/11/2012


This evening I was so sad to hear the news that Richard Dawson, host of Family Fued, had passed away on June 2. :( 
He will be missed.


Also, do you remember him on the 70's game show, "Match Game"?
Probably not.



Listen people: Let me just say that if I were growing up during the 70's, then this is the show I would watch all the freakin' time. I'm serious.
It is the most hilarious show EVER!!
To prove it, I suggest you take a moment after reading this post, hop on over to YouTube, watch snippets of the show and then laugh until it hurts. 
(PS. You are welcome.)

------

Now, onto Miley Cyrus. 
I am pretty sure most of you are about to judge me right now.
I don't care.
I was happy to hear the news about her engagement to Hunger Games star, Liam Hemsworth.


I am going to be quite honest with you guys.
I kind of want to dislike Miley.
I know that sounds horrible. 
I really do.
BUT!
I think I feel that way mostly because everyone seems to have a reason that they don't care for her.
However, I think that may be the reason I like her more.
She isn't perfect, truly not the best actress, and the singing could improve a bit.
However,
I feel like she would be someone I'd love to hang out with, someone who despite how many people tear her down she is always talking about loving/caring for others, and I also love most of her outfits.
Plus, have you seen Liam?
That is definitely a hottie with a body. Just sayin'.
{She is also a big supporter of TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms), which is a very important organization to me.} 

------

In other news, a girl walked into the store the other day.
She looked straight at me and said, "You look just like Amy Winehouse. It is definitely the eyes."
I didn't know what to say.
So, I responded with, "Well, thank you ... if you meant that as a compliment."
She did and I was glad.
Amy Winehouse was a genius.
Have you heard her voice?
Phenomenal.
It is a shame that she was taken from us so soon.
I believe she is someone who was truly beautiful inside and out, but that she couldn't escape her demons. 


People can say whatever they like about her tragic life, but I must say that I have a spot in my heart for those that are most often judged. 
I'm always the one rooting in the corner for them.
[I also know I look nothing like Amy Winehouse, but it was a sweet compliment.]

------

This next photo melted my heart:


Gahh!!
So. stinkin'. cute!
I must mention that it took me some time to warm up to Jared's (Padalecki) hair, but I don't mind it being long anymore. Though, he could trim it up a bit. 
But, hey .. the photo is still adorbs, right?? 

& one more thing.
Can we please talk about how cute he and his wife, Geneieve, are together? :)


Aww. :)

------

You go girl!
Congrats to Kelly for losing 30 pounds. 
Either way, she is GORGEOUS! :)



------

Ok, that is all the news I have for now.
Not because I don't have more to share, but mostly because it is late and I'm sleepy. 
I hope you all had a wonderful Monday.
much love, 
xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. is it wrong i didn't know who that jared dude was? i know who all teen drama stars are. i'm ashamed of myself.

    i also love miley too. 'party in the usa' is still an all time top favorite jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Heidi... it is definitely wrong. I won't feel ashamed ... well, maybe a little. ;) He (Jared Padalecki) and Jensen (Ackles) are the stars of Supernatural on the CW. It is pretty amazing. Well, once the 9th episode starts on Season 1, then it gets amazing. I wasn't sure how I felt about it until then ... but anyways, what I am saying is go out, buy all the seasons, and then we can talk about it! Please? Thanks. ;)

    YESS! She is awesome. :D That song has a good beat, no matter what folks say!! ha.

    ReplyDelete